Friday 11 January 2013

Audience

Our audience is the most important element to focus on, as they will be the ones watching our film. It is important to understand what sort of films they enjoy watching and whether they would be interested to watch our opening sequence. Towards the start of the year we filmed a focus group that we organised. That will be uploaded onto the group blog. I did some research on who our target audience would potentially be.

Action/Thriller movies are usually, if not always, for 15+ or even 18+. This is because there is a lot of violence and psychological issues which could disturb younger viewers. I have decided that I am targeting young adults between the ages of 15-26 both male and female. I have concluded that this will be the best audience from the results of my questionnaire. 
I asked students from my sixth form and different family members of different ages to give their opinion of my opening sequence idea. These were some of my responses:

"I like the idea of the sequence. It sounds very similar to the film I Am Legend which happens to be one of my favourite films. I am not a big fan of Action/Thriller films, however I would definitely be interested in seeing this movie." Student, 17. 

"Does not really sound like something I would pay to see. There are many T.V movies with the same concept. Although I am sure you will do a good job with it, it is not my cup of tea." Family Member, 36. 

"Definitely something I would want to watch. I like the idea of there being an apocalypse. The only problem I have when watching these movies in that genre, is that if i don't find the beginning interesting  I would not want to sit throughout the entire movie." Family Friend, 23. 

From looking at these responses, I picked up that the opening sequence is crucial and if we do not get it right the audience will not be interested. When I asked some people from outside the age range, I read that not many were particularly interested in the film as it sounds similar to other movies. Our audiences responses is the most important thing for our opening sequence to become a success and we will try our hardest to take all their opinions into account. 








No comments:

Post a Comment