Friday 15 March 2013

Narrative Applied

I tried applying Tzveten Todorov narrative theory to my own opening sequence. I thought it would be fairly simple to apply this to my sequence, but I found it difficult. I could not chronologically order it, as when there should be a new equilibrium it is actually a disruption. There is also no evident recognition of a disruption which again proves that it is difficult to apply this theory. However, it is possible to apply a binary opposites to this film. In my opening sequence my character shows her head poking through the door looking left and right. This suggests that she is being weary that someone unpleasant is watching her moves. This then brings the idea that she is the good person whereas there is also a bad person.





No comments:

Post a Comment