Saturday 16 February 2013

Sound Analysis

The music/sound that appears the most in action/thriller is normally intense and chilling, but then becomes fast paced. This is dependent on the scene. Many action/thriller music starts off quietly and slowly builds up.  I have analysed two different pieces of sound that could potentially be used in our opening sequence.


This sound is more thriller...

When I first listened to it I got goosebumps. I would like to think that this a good effect that hopefully our audience will have too. I also find it engaging due to the eery and dark sounds. It starts off quite and builds into creepy, spine chilling sound. However I do not feel that it is intense enough and it does not build up enough to shock the audience. 


                                       

In this clip it shows an example of action/thriller type of music from The Rock. Just like the first clip it slowly builds into a more dramatic piece. I feel that some parts of this particular track would fit in very well with our film. I feel that the strings really bring the intensity and the mood that our opening sequence has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment